My blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Renaissance Chick

They say beauty is skin deep, her beauty covered her entire insides and had nowhere else to go but out
She became more sexy as thought provoking words came out here mouth
She captivated me with her conversation
Cupid just shot me, I plan on retaliation
I can tell a Queen from a Bitch
What should I approach her with?
I walk ova and say, Excuse me missI couldn't help but over hear ur discussion.....
When we locked eyes she started blushing..
And I was wondering whats ur name and where u from?
I'm starting to think this question was dumb
Its like a long ass pauseAs she stand with her arms cross
She says her soulwrites music like Bob Cole
Her left eye wants to see revolution
Her lungs want THC, and zero pollution
I'm like what?
She said read between the lines
She says I'm a prisoner of hard times,
I'm a survivor, that's my gift and curse
her right eye is watching God, Like Zora Neale Hurst-on
I go what? again
She says she's meant to be alone
cuz her relationship is depressing like the painting Tombstones
Giving out her heart is a problem
So she left it in Harlem
Telling her life story and lesson
answered the second part of my question
She said, "my name is a decade of a cultural spectrum
They inspired me and with my talents I plan to resurrect them
Before she left, she said If we meet
Again it's meant to be
Her BeautyIs so deep
2 weeks later, I saw her in Downtown D.C.
we locked eyes, she smiled
I say me seeing u again is destiny child
this might seem odd
for 2 weeks I reminisce
over u my god
My Renaissance Chick

No comments: