My blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rediscover ME: Part 2

An Artist is born
Last summer, I picked up a new hobby, I opened my mind, and started going to this poetry club called: "Busboys and Poets" in D.C. I went every tuesday almost last summer, each time I felt something insdie me, like my soul got warm, my heart beat like crazy! Towards the end of the summer, I had a coversation with a poet there, told here how I envy her talent to write, Then she gave birth to the Artist inside me, she said "have you ever tried to write?" I went home called my boys, that we were gonna to perform, since there is a piano on stage and 2 mics, see I look at like this is my first performance suck, atleast my mans singing and my mans piano skills would distract them. LOL. My first poem was written to Ordinary People by John Legend. It was about a girl, she has no clue my first poem was about her. Maybe one day, I'll let her know, I MIGHT even post my first poem on here. After that I've been writing since! Now, my next move is to bring a different element to poetry. But this is hobby to me, not my life, I like telling stories with my twisit! So, I hope you enjoy what I write. (funny thing is as I was writing this, I was telling my friend this story)

No comments: