My blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Battle!!!!!


Ok, most of my friends know about this poet battle/friendly competition i was doing over the summer and into the school year for a little bit. So me and this young lady decided to take turns picking topics and see who could write the hottest poem. Man, it was a lot of fun and help me become even more creative, also force me to think way outside my box. The topics were such a wide variety but eventually, trash talking got intense and there had to be a winner with this ongoing battle. So we went into like a poet championship series, two topics and four spectators as judges, so the first one she won, and so I had to come back hard but when I thought I went all out, she went further. So, I came face to face with defeat but I learned a lot, through the timeline of that battle. It gave me some insight who this person is, how I need to expand with my skills in writing, and it made me gain so much respect and admiration for they way this person lifestyle is. For once I'm glad I did lose in some aspects but I won in so many more ways. By the way we did make a bet, and I will hold up to my end, when I get my life together!!!!!

No comments: