My blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Addiction: MUSIC


Music is one of the greatest things on earth! It links people together. Music touches every topic possible. I’m talking bout all music: rap, RnB, Soul, blues, jazz, techno, club, rock, and etc. music makes you want to dance. Or sing knowing you can’t sing if your life depended on it, but you don’t care because that’s your song! Music can make you laugh, cry, think, want to smoke, have a discussion, make you feel love, and/or make you want to have sex. Remember when you had your first crush? What song was thinking about or singing? Your first phone conversation with the opposite sex, what song was playing in the background? When you go for a walk, what song are you humming to yourself? Or when you’re feeling yourself and your swag is on super high, what song makes you feel that way? I can’t fake, when I thought I was in love, John Legend- “So High” was my shit! Got my heart broken, I couldn’t stand that song! This was my playlist when I was down: Jay-z ft. 3 Doors Down-“Here without you”, Omarion – “Ice Box”, John Legend- “Again or Another Again”, Panic At The Disco-Anything talking about women and relationships, and Bow Wow-“Out of my system”. Damn, I was on some other shit. But when summer roll around I have to hear Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince-“Summer time”! When, I’m in my own world, zoning out, I’m listening to Lupe, Kanye, Jay-z, or Linkin Park. If I had to list songs link to moments this what it would look like:

Early high school relationships- Usher- Confessions the album, Musiq-anything he had out, Alicia Keys- Anything she had out, and Jay-z- Song cry!

Senior Year: Kanye- College Dropout, John Legend- “So High and Ordinary People”, Anthony Hamilton- His first album went so hard!!

Summer 07- Plies-“shawty”

Spring Break 08: A Tribe Called Quest- “Can I kick it”

This Summer???????????????????????????????

So, I ask you. What are some of your musical moments? If you don't mind sharing

7 comments:

She's Vital said...

I love the piece, When im done i go hard on my rock like linkin park, evanesance, kelly clarkson 3 days grace and 3 doors down etc. When im happy there are numerous artist i deal with it... like Brandon Hines, Justin Nozuka, Alicia Keys, Day 26 (dont Sleep)and some old hits like Aaliyah etc. But good job home fry
Peace!

Miss A said...

I'm always in a search for new music..or what people may call it euro sounding music. Whatever i feel that is different, artsy, and kinda weird in a way I'd listen to it..

as of right now, when I feel like dancing Michael Jackson "Shake Your Body" or "Wanna be Startin' Something" and sometimes Yelle(french group)

When I was in Paris I fell in love again...I was listening to Floetry and Jill Scott which I haven't done in awhile..But Janelle Monae "Its not Fair" and "Smile" was on repeat.

When I'm in my car and need to hear some bass A Tribe Called Quest "Lyrics To Go" and Nas's new album is now added to the list and oh, can't forget Jay Electronica.

As Far as summer jam for "08" American Boy..they played that song everywhere in europe...it's the summer hit. (well to me)

---->It's funny how music relates to your life, everyone has a track list to every moment that had an impact in their life.

As of right now my track list is playing
Little Dragon "Constant Surprises" on repeat.

NuKidOnTheBlock said...

Man oh man, when it comes to music i dont even know where to start. especially when it comes to specific occassions in life. I swear my life is just one big playlist that doesnt end. Im definately feeling your post on this one. My summer song for 08 would have to be Lloyd - Girls arond the world right now, the song is mean. Jay-Z for any and every occassion. Love probably addiction by sisqo(thats a sleeper) when im mad camron's ambitionz of a killa does it. When im in my rock mode i go back to Guns N Roses & Red Hot Chilli Peppers or ill keep it current with Fall out boy. But im always looking for something new and refreshing music wise that will grasp my attention. Jasmin sullivan is the next thing.

Shannon said...

Like the post. Man, there are so many songs that play out my life and vice versa. When I'm feeling emotional and on my love shit I like to listen to Teedra Moses, Raheem Devaughn, Musiq...his first CD, a little Maxwell, Corrine Bailey Rae. When I'm up, I have to listen to that ol' skool hip hop. That's my heart right there. Gotta love A Tribe Called Quest...which is most often playin in the car...electric relaxation...sucka nigga...1nce again...we got the jazz...my shit,Common, Talib, Mos Def, Jay-Z, Pharcyde, Black Moon, Souls of Mischief, Gangstarr, Digable Planets...and the list could go on. Biggie...ready to die, The Chronic, when im on that gangsta lol...N.E.R.D.,Outkast, Goodie Mob,when i wanna see sounds...Definitely feel you on the "Summertime" jont. That's gonna be my shit every summer til I die lol. When my heart is broke and I feel like F&*% HIM!!! I listen to Mary J...my life, Teedra again, Amy Winehouse...cause she goes lol and so does Lily Allen, Erykah Badu. I can see I'm about to get long-winded...if not already lol Could talk about music all day. I gotta agree wit nukidontheblock...the new Lloyd goes...and Gotta love Lupe and Kanye for givin us somethin different

BMUnanimous said...

I remember when Reflection Eternal came out. I played my first copy so much that I had to get another one. Still one of the most comprehensive cds ever created. Talib Kweli is one of the best to ever do it.

Klassy G!RL said...

music is the greatest thing ever created...it really shows no color line...it's just music! plain and simple. i have a plethora of playlist for when i'm down or i'm on cloud nine. you highlighted some great songs!! especially another again -- john legend...that's the best! i really love to aretha franklin and stevie wonder. i have somewhat of an old soul...and yeah, anthony hamilton's first cd is like crack for your ears as nukid would say...lol. anywho!! along with shopping...i'm addicted to music too! i can listen to it all!

EgyptBBeauty said...

well i remember being young, like 1yr's and up, my mom loves prince and i remember my mom blasting Prince in our new york apartment all the time, and always with my mom she was always plays different types of music, frank sinatra, live, her dad was a famous jazz musician Red prysock so thats why we love music so much, so those time are vivid special memories, and my father who played bass guitar for like 30 yrs has his studio still and before i was born, so its pretty important,im glad you find it important, i like music with good beats and substance, things that stick out, thats the best i can explain it, and music that gets ppl to vibe=smile=be nice