My blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Date




It must be fate
I’m taking the girl of my dreams, on a date.
I pull up to her spot and no I’m not going to sit in the car and honk my horn like she’s a whore
I’m a man of respect, so I’m going to go knock on the door.
She answers, and tells me to come, and that she’ll be ready in a second
I mumble to myself thank you god, for this blessing.
She’s ready to, looking good, so should I give her a compliment?
Would it matter, she is already so confident.
But I did
Told her she looks nice, nothing to big
We left around 6, before it gets dark
Start this date off, by chilling at the park
We sat down and got into a political discussion
Until the sunset and the sky started blushing
So we left, thought I’d take her somewhere real soulful
So we went inside of Barnes & Noble
I told her I thought she was mean, and she told me she thought I was anti-social
I told her I want a good girl, she wants a gentleman
We saying the same thing like a synonym
Made eye contact the whole time to show I was listening
I told her a first date is more like an interview
Would you mind some questions, I want to ask you?
She says she doesn’t mind
So I go searching thru her brain to see what I can find
I ask her about her plans, interest, hobbies, and how she view life
She says life is one big pie and she brought her own knife
I smile and say I know that’s right
I’m so amazed that she has so much insight
Her plans is to better the knowledge of the youth in America
Man, she’s good looking, smart, and clever
She asked me my, what are my views on life, and that’s when I told her I’m trying to find forever
Then she asks me what inspires me to write?
Before I could answer, a clerk comes and says sorry we are closing for the night
We leave, found a random spot to park, and sat on top of the car
I told her the joy I get from writing as we gazed upon the stars
Wow, who would’ve thought she would be traveling thru my mind state
On the first date
Time for her to go home, it’s getting late
I walk her to her door; I give her a gentle kiss on the forehead, the proper way for this night to end
I tell her this is fun, and hopefully we can do this again
She smiles and says hope floats
But maybe on our next date, we can talk about some of favorite quotes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This i like.....question is " is it a true story"???...those make the best topics for writing ;)

Dead Man Writing said...

Naw, it's true but this would be the best first date, for open minded people. In 2008 you can't just do dinner and a movie that's boring!