My blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons

“Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again”
Oh No!
Where did the time go?
I remember playing with G.I. Joe’s
And having a bowl of uh ohSpaghetti O’s
I used to do the cabbage patch
Didn’t care if my blues match
Come with me, I’m about to take you back
To……………
When the ice cream truck comes, you go running to beg moms for money
When girls rock there pony tails to the side with the scrunchie
When we played with slinkies
Or when your parents packed a lunchable, pudding, and a Twinkie
When you was afraid to cuss
And watch the magic school bus
When you looked both ways before you cross
When everyone dressed like Kris Cross
When you had a crush, wrote them a note saying, “Do you like me? Check yes or no”
To pick who is it, you did any, many, miny, moe
You the slowest one so, you hope you don’t get pick
When on Friday and Saturday nights nickelodeon into Snick
When momma told you never talk to strangers
When Tommy, Jason, Kimberly, and Zack were power rangers
Let me take you way back!
When Homie didn’t play that
Wasn’t no hi-definition but we was “Living in Color”
When every joke was about your mother
When it was cheap to get popcorn at the movies
When the only disease to you was coodies
Oh, and chicken pox
And everyone use to quote The Rock
When you thought the Reebok pumps
Helped you jumped
When you there’s always one kid that cheats
In freeze tag or hide and seek
T.G.I.F. was the best part of the week
When family matters was a show and not a problem
Do remember way back then?
When you rock one glove to be like mike
Or knock people out, like mike
Or sing the MJ song like Mike
When you walked around with either a boom box or a walk man
When someone broke a window, everyone ran
Spent most of your summer at camp or in the pool
“Back in the day, when things were cool”

2 comments:

Shannon said...

true true...i can dig it

BMUnanimous said...

The good ole days...