My blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brain Matter



Enough confidence mustered…wait I must’ve lost my mind what was I thinking. I
bumped my head against the white brick wall with blue lines
that’s ruled by college ‘cause I don’t like it wide.
The ball in the Bic it won’t roll, it won’t click. Pen and paper against me conspire
at my desk I perspire from thinking thoughts that are aimless and take me to nowhere but anywhere.
Inspiration can’t be found. All stones have been turned over.
No thoughts that are profound hmm maybe I’m too sober.
Shall I get drunk off injustice that profiles and judges by race,
inject inhumanity and deceit for wars that had no reason taking place,
wine and dine on emotion from love lost and love found,
sniff lines of degradation for “sex sales” outbidding morals every time,
pop pills for fear of fascism amidst this illusion of free times,
take shots of disgrace for education systems that pass children yet leave ‘em behind.
Before I could spark some revelation for my mind’s eye, nay sayers exclaim,
"heard it all before what you’re saying is the same.
We got scores of poems about wars and tampered education,
conspiracy, adultery, racism and degradation.
Your drug impotent, your drink watered down.
Bring innovative wit’ you next time you come around.
So writer’s block continues to asphyxiate my wrist.
Doubt has again robbed me of a pen and paper tryst.

I back slowly from the paper with my hands up in defeat,
then I run into lethargy and it says follow me to let free my trapped thoughts that in my mind adjourn.
Making your way up is easy If you down to trick for terms…
Just put on a little lipstick and have your way with these words.
In adjunct caress these adjectives. Seduce these nouns and verbs.
Reason convenes my thoughts and says this isn’t necessary.
Pride then motions trickin’ just ain’t in our vocabulary.
Experience tells me it will come to provide me with insight.
Irony and wisdom laugh because hindrance gave me words to write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A man after my own heart!!!....you should have been an english major my dear!